Effective Date: October 3, 2013
Information Collection and Use
Location Information: Foov and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your computer or mobile device. This location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by Foov and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services.
Usage Information. We collect non-personal statistical information that does not individually identify you. It includes non-personal statistical information about your internet connection, the equipment that you use to access our Service and how you use our Service. We refer to this information as “Usage Information”. This information allows us to optimize the Service to the internet connections and equipment that is used to visit our website and use our mobile app. For instance, we may collect information on how long you use the Service, on whether you have used the Service before and on how many occasions, how frequently you use the Service, and at what points you exit the Service to make the Service better. We collect this information both directly from you when you provide it to us and automatically as you navigate through and interact with our Service, (i) including details of your visits to our Service, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website and (ii) information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Pixel Tags / Web Beacons. Pages of our website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Foov, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Device identifiers. When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Foov.
Third-party Service Providers
We may disclose Usage Information without restriction. We do not disclose your Personal Information except in the circumstances described here:
- Service Providers: We may share or disclose your Personal Information to contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- Business Transfers: In the event that Foov is involved in a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Foov’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, your Personal Information held by Foov may be among the assets transferred.
- Enforcement: We may disclose your Personal Information in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Location Services. You may edit your location options in your account settings to disable them at any time.
- Email Communications. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by Foov to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can choose not to provide your email address or you can opt-out by unsubscribing to the newsletter.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recognize that you are providing sensitive information in connection with your use of the Service and that security is critical to our Service. As such, we take commercially reasonably security precautions, and will continue to vigilantly safeguard your sensitive Personal Information. We update our security software with the latest patches frequently.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Service is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information on the Service. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Service. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.