iPad Apps for Fitness
The iPad has unique features that made it ideal for using in a gym or classroom setting. Here are fitness apps for the iPad you might consider to keep your class or group moving:
The iPad is an amazing tool that can be incorporated into your gym or classroom. Below are some of the great fitness apps available.
- Foov at the Ballpark, free app – Foov’s experts in e-learning, technology, fitness and special needs care combined their knowledge and expertise to create a workout based in real life. “FOOV at the Ballpark” is a life script app that allows participants to get the full Wrigley Field experience using an iPad.
- SevenMinutes, $0.99 – Get healthy and fit using the Seven Minute Workout. Join us in our garden for 12 exercises using high-intensity HIIT circuit fitness, scientifically proven way to get fit and trim, and to lose weight in just seven minutes a day.
- Cardiio, free app – Cardiio helps you measure your heart rate, learn how the numbers relate to your health, perform effective workouts to get in shape and track your progress. It includes a seven minute workout and a calorie burn tracker.
- Nike Training Club, free app – Welcome to the new and improved Nike+ Training Club – the training app for the world’s biggest female fitness community. Four-week programs are tailored to your goals and ability. Videos demonstrate exercises.
- Beep Test Free, fee app – Beep test is a fitness activity used by coaches. Athletes run back and forth, usually 20 meters, crossing the lines without consecutive misses. When there are two consecutive misses, the athlete is done and scored based on that level.
- PE Games, free app – PE Games is the premier app for PE Teachers on the app store, containing over 100 games in a variety of categories.
- iYoga, $1.99 – iYoga’s amazing motion capture technology captures the delicate movements, correct posture and positioning for over 190 different poses. (Over 80 poses included within this app and a further 114 advanced poses available as an in-app purchase.) You to see muscles in action as each pose is demonstrated. The app also features a distinctive view which highlights muscles relevant to each pose as they contract and expand.
- 200 Stability Ball Challenge, $1.99 – Are you ready for a full body workout challenge using a stability ball? Training with just an exercise ball you will look, feel and perform better in a fun and inspired way! Watch the videos to learn the exercises, take the challenge and record your time on the Hall of Fame. Have fun using the latest cutting edge exercises.
More Great Fitness Tools
- Fitness Meter, free app – If you’re looking to get in better physical shape or lose weight, the unique new software technology in Fitness Meter, based on the latest research, helps you easily and quickly understand exactly what you need to do to achieve your goals. The secret to getting in better shape is to assess your current physical condition accurately; and then make sure you get the right nutrition and do enough exercise, to make progress.
- iMuscle 2, $4.99 – iMuscle 2 is a highly visual, 3D-based, award-winning health and fitness app that has everything you need to plan and track your fitness program. iMuscle 2 provides users with the ability to zoom into an area on our 3D human body and tap on a muscle to reveal exercises and stretches targeted to the development and/or rehabilitation of that specific muscle. The app also features our unique animations which provide direction on how to properly perform each exercise. In addition to individual users, iMuscle 2 was designed with multiple users in mind, making it ideal for fitness instructors and physiotherapists to use with their clients.
What’s a workout without music? Everyone’s got to have beats to move to!
- iTunes Radio, free on Apple devices – iTunes Radio is free streaming radio with the best selection of music. It builds and brings together stations you’ll love.
- FIT Radio Workout Music, free app – Pumping nonstop and original mixes of Top 40, Hip Hop, Rock, House, Indie, Dub Step (and more), FIT Radio is a must for the gym, for the car, and for the party!
- Music Workout, $3.99 ($1.99 for a limited time) – Dieting and working out is already hard enough! This app will provide you with high energy music playlists every single day to keep you motivated and keep your workouts going strong.
- Turn on the Guided Access setting to ensure no interruptions.
- Consider a LifeProof case to keep your iPad protected.
- Learn why the iPad is ideal for using to get in shape.
If you’re considering an iPad for your gym or classroom, here are lists of more apps you might consider:
- iPad apps for Coaching – apps to make organizing your time and your classroom easy.
- iPad apps for Management – tools to help you manage your classroom and your time.